Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Camping, Climbing, and More!

Jademan is sitting in my lap as I write this.  Actually, it took me a couple of attempts to start this post.  Jade loves to snuggle up really close even if that means sprawling across the keyboard and making the computer do some funky stuff before I can scoot my boy to my side.  I love my little man so much.  He reminds me to take a step back from whatever I am doing and just enjoy the moment with those who I love.

Since the last post, Blake and I took the kids to go camping up by Chinns lake.  We had a blast and the area was beautiful.  It was probably the prettiest spot I have ever been camping.  We hiked up the mountain and saw waterfalls.  We camped in an area surrounded by forest.  And the Goldens had a blast leaping across the waterfall, sprinting across the shore, and splashing through the lake.  Let me tell you that I am not nearly as graceful and aware of my environment as Layla and Jade.  They made racing across the muddy and rocky shore look like fun.  After ignoring every ounce of intelligence, I decided to follow.  My lovely attempt at a run along the shore did not look as picture perfect.  I slipped on some muddy rocks and busted my knee.  I was having so much fun chasing after my Goldens that I didn't even notice the injury.  When we got back to camp, one of the guys said, "Wow, that looks like a  lot of blood!"  Really?  I was so blissfully happy I forgot to really check myself when I got up.

Yesterday, Blake, his friend Josh (from our high school), me, and the doggies drove up to Grand Lake to stay at our friend Daniel's house.  Daniel's mom has a house in Grand Lake, such a cute little mountain town.  Daniel is working in Winter Park for the summer, so he switches between living at his house in Denver and at his mom's house in Grand Lake.  His property in Grand Lake is gorgeous.  The town is so quite and quaint.  We left early in the morning for a nearly 8 mile walk in the mountains around the lake.  The kids had a blast.  I am so fortunate that we live in Colorado where camping and hiking is a regular part of my week.  Jade discovered wild raspberries and was thrilled to munch on them during the hike- the bushes were everywhere!  The Goldens were beat by the time we started the car to head home.  However, as soon as we pulled into the garage, the kids were ready to wake up and play more.  They amaze me!

I only had a couple of hours before Layla's agility class, so I didn't have much of a chance to rest.  I was rubbing my eyes as Nicole entered the ring when class began.  I told Nicole that Layla would run, and I would try my hardest to keep up.  Layla did a phenomenal job tonight!  She was super fast and very honest.  She let me know my mistakes every time I made one.  Layla has gotten much more confident on the dogwalk.  She raced across it the fastest she has done since we started training at the club here.  Her contacts are so much improved.  Nicole worked with me on blind crosses tonight- something I had never tried with Layla.  After about 2 tries, we had it down really well.  I was throwing in blinds where ever I could on the course just for fun!  Layla is so much fun to run.  I am feeling the best I have ever felt since we started agility.  I cannot wait to see what we do next weekend at our agility trial.

 Beautiful camping last weekend

 My silly girl's smile on our hike today

 Little Man is all legs!

 My boy

A moment of peace on our drive back to Denver

No comments:

Post a Comment